I've had this baby* for just a little less than a year and possibly one of my favorite Nikon lenses ever.
*I am not good at writing reviews, what I write are my thoughts on equipment that I own and use. Please take what I say with a little grain of salt. Feel free to correct any mistakes made or counter any point. I am not writing this after perform tests or comparisons inside some lab/studio with measuring equipment.
- Small compared to other 200mm lenses
- much to my surprise it's very light, perhaps because of it's compact size
- nice long focal length and minimum distance to be used for forest macro
- Not a G lens, this one has an aperture ring (I wish Nikon stopped making G lenses and went back to having manual aperture rings).
- hard focus stop
Not Pro, Not Con, just a thought on the piece I own
- sharp images
- no focus errors or soft images that I've noticed so far
- slow focus
- no VR
- and other things compared to many of Nikon's newest lenses
I wonder when Nikon will release a successor to this lens...I'm sure it will have SWM, VR, etc.